- RT @Cornishwear: Really looking forward to our @cornishwear smocks being on sale @TobyBuckland Gardening Festival at Powderham Castle in ea…
- @JetTheoCharlie cut out the leader to get two strong side-branches to make your fan - you'll need 4m space oh & always prune in dry weather
- Dawlish defences rise from the sea in pictures... http://t.co/RvX62gYDs7
- RT @TeleGardening: Second most-read this morning, @TobyBuckland's beginners' guide to starting a veg garden: http://t.co/BL5QCBVRcW
- RT @gardensweekly: Hampshire gardeners are all 'abuzz' about @TobyBuckland 's evening. Thank you Toby it really was perfect :D http://t.co/…
Hello! Either this is a very mild winter or an early spring! We still have pot marigolds in bloom with the golden winter aconites! It may be unseasonal but the colour is welcome and it's food for the first bumblebees on the wing after their hibernation. Despite the rain it's good weather for planting provided your soil isn't sodden. Roots set in the soil now have plenty of time to establish for self-reliance and a good show this summer.
Our new Events leaflet is now available at the Plant Centre or you can see 2014 Coffee Morning dates by clicking on Events. We also have four new Masterclasses where you can make and take home your own container on the day.
Other news and very exciting, we are organising our first Garden Festival at Powderham Castle on 2-3 May 2014. We'll play host to more than 70 of the region's finest specialist nurseries and are busy preparing a packed programme of events, including well-known garden speakers, Q&A sessions, Kitchen Garden demos plus there will be lovely food, live music and lots of family fun. Watch this space for details of the Garden Festival website - coming soon!
What Else: Free Delivery on orders of £70 and over.
Our Click & Collect Service - order and pay online and pick up your plants from The Plant Centre.
Our Seed Collections: we have three new seed collections including Gourmet Veg, Heritage Sweet Peas and British Wildflowers. There are four packs of seed in each and come beautifully boxed up so make practical gifts too.
Gardeners' Coffee Morning - now twice monthly at the Plant Centre. Places go quickly so do call to book your place on 01626 891133. Tickets cost £7 each or £13 for two and include light refreshments. Time is now 10.15am.
How to Find Us: From Exeter/M5 follow the signs to Powderham Castle/A379 coast road near Exeter - see the map here or phone us for directions on 01626 891133. The Plant Centre (please note the nursery isn't open to the public except on special open days) is open 7 days a week, 9am-5pm. We hope you can pay us a visit!
Toby's LatestRead all news
Our big news this week is the launch of our own Garden Festival on 2-3 May at Powderham Castle...
Toby is presenting two programmes of a major new BBC 2 series Great British Garden Revival. Tune in on 7 January at 7pm...(Please note schedule change...
Spend £35 or more with us until the end of November and we'll add a free bag of Tulip Ballerina to your order!
There's nothing we like more than an excuse to celebrate!